Sunday, August 17, 2008

Picky or Shallow?

Ok, Help me please, I have a question for everyone. Since most of my friends on here are married maybe they can give me some advice. I have been going out with an array of guys lately. Most nights I come home and my friends and family ask how the date was, if I liked him, if he is cute, etc...I am having major issues. I really like tall guys (I found that 6'5 is the perfect height for me) and it seems if I date anyone who is under 6'1 (most of the time) I say they are too short, and them being short bugs me. I don't really like skinny guys either and it seems that most guys are a little too skinny for me, and if they aren't too skinny they are too obsessive with working out, then it bugs me too. It just seems like most of the guys I go out with I find little things that bug me...the height is the major issue! Also, age has been an issue too. I am finding the guys I am dating that are at least 26 are way more mature and they have a lot more direction in their life. It bugs me to go out with a 24 year old that says he doesn't really know his major yet or what he wants out of life. This isn't only about looks! So here is my question...my mom and sister get really upset with me and tell me I am being "SHALLOW", I think of it more as knowing what I want and being a little PICKY. I really want honest answers So should I get over this and am I being SHALLOW? Or is it ok to be PICKY in this situation? Please help...

8 comments:

Cherice said...

I say be PICKY!!!! Your still young and in no hurry. You don't want to end up being with someone you aren't completly HEAD OVER HEELS FOR!! Marriage is tough so you better be completly in love with your man. Yes no guy is perfect but I feel the same about height and weight. I had to marry someone tall because I like tall shoes and I would feel wierd being taller than him and he definitly couldn't be skinnier than me, there is no way I would want to be prego and have my husband way smaller than me yikes make you feel even worse. On the whole career thing 24 may be a little yound to expect him to have it all figured out. If they are in school and have aspirations I say give em a break on that. Most people change their mind what they want to be several times before its set. Wow, sorry for the long response. I must be pretty bored :-).

kollers said...

Chelsea! Hey darlin, how the heck are ya! Thanks for commenting, its so fun to hear from ya. By the way, this is Jeanette. I say be picky girl. Don't settle for anything cause it is such a huge decision. Catch the best one! You are a doll. Keep in touch!

Melissa and Jeff said...

I don't think you are being so picky, well maybe about the height thing. However, I am short so I never had to worry about it. All I can say is be patient. You will know when you find the right one, and if the right one is short and skinny you will love him anyways. It all works out.

Kellie said...

I think you should give them all a chance...even if they are shorter than 6'1". You may be surprised. :) But as far as wanting them to have some sort of direction in their lives...now that I don't think is too much to ask!

Cassi said...

Hey chelsea...cute blog! I think you should be picky. If your going to spend the rest of your life with someone it should be with someone your totally crazy about! I hear ya on the tall guys...;)

Tracy and Whitney said...

You better be picky! Its a pretty big decision in a girls life you know! When you find the right one you will know!
By the way Tracy has a cousin living in Sandy and I'm pretty sure he meets the height standard! Let me know I'll set it up!!!

Tracy and Whitney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

To get what you want, you need to be picky! I remember being like that with guys... if even the smallest thing bugged me, they were gone!! There is no use wasting your time, or the guys:) I will say though- once you do find the one, some things that bothered you before, might not be that big of a deal anymore...you will know because you still are crazy for him, even with his faults!