Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Last Lecture

I came home from a long bike ride tonight and my mom told me to come watch this special that was on TV about this guy named Randy Pausch who passed away last week. I had never heard of him, but many people have. Holy Cow, this man's attitude was so amazing. Watching made me feel so ungrateful. This man was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer. He had an amazing attitude and outlook on life. He was so positive (not in denial) he wanted to live the little time he had left on earth to its fullest! He wrote a book The Last Lecture about ways to live your life, fulfill your dreams, and to be happy. Watching this show was really inspiring and made me pull out the list I made when I was a kid of things I wanted to do. Surprisingly I have done a lot of the things I have put on there, but it made me want to set goals to finish them! It was just great and I am feeling so positive right now. How grateful I am for my life and this just made me want to spend a little less time stressing about work and other things that I can't change and take a little more time just to notice the simple pleasures in life! I hope that everyone can make that goal and realize how truly bless we really are!

1 comments:

Tracy and Whitney said...

Thank you, I really needed to be reminded of that right now! Sometimes things get crazy and we forget, it good to be reminded!