Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Birthday...to Me!

Oh man so this week has been so crazy! Well to start off I don't have cancer, they took biopsies and I will know the rest of the test results next week, but the good news is that they didn't find any cancer cells...Which has been the biggest relief of my life! They tested for a few other diseases and other things so hopefully next week I will have a better idea of what is going on inside of me. Meanwhile, I guess I tried talking during the procedure when all the tubes were down my throat and it made my throat and my vocal cords swell up so I have had a horrible sore throat and it has made talking and breathing a little difficult this week...but no cancer so yeah!!!!

I turned 23 on the 24th...let me tell you this was the hardest birthday for me. 23 seems so old and I just didn't like it, but I had a great day I went to Wall-e and to dinner with my family. Then to a pool party and out with my guy friends that night! I am glad I went out that night because most of my guy friends are about 26 so they made me feel good about my age. I was talking to one of them and he said that every year on his birthday he thinks about his accomplishments and reasons why he is proud of himself. So I did it,I came up with 23 things that I am proud of or things I have accomplished! It honestly made me feel a lot better and good to see the progress I have made! A few of these were graduating for college, living in Guatemala, buying Christmas for a family last Christmas, my family, my testimony, and so many more! That kind of got me over the age thing. I got a sweet mountain bike though (a few friends have inspired me and now I love biking). I have gone a road rides, but have yet to take it to the hills so hopefully sometime this week I will have time to do that. So all and all my birthday was good, a little rough at points, but it ended great!
Me, McKay and Chayse posing with Wall-e

McKay told me "I will give you a kiss for you birthday because I know you really like me to give you kisses" so here is a birthday kiss from McKay. He is such a little sweetheart!




Kennecott Copper Mine...
The day after my birthday my parents and I decided to take Chayse and McKay up to Kennecott! It was so great, my niece and nephew loved it and had a lot of fun! McKay is so smart and funny. They had some giant coins on display (because they are made of copper) we asked
him who the people (aka presidents) were on the coins he knew George Washington and when we asked him who was on the penny he said, "OH, that is Mr Ham Lincoln". It was so funny and cute. I seriously love my nephew and niece and they have seriously gotten me through a lot of the hard things I am going through right now! I would die without them and I am so so so lucky that I am their aunt and I love that no matter how sad or crappy I am feeling they can always make me laugh and smile!

Me and Chayse looking at the mine
My dad , me and the kids posing in front of the train cars. We had to do this because McKay is obsessed with trains.

Last but not least, this are the kid hard hats that we purchased for 15$ a piece because they "just had to get it"...What a great day at the Bingham Copper Mine!

2 comments:

Tracy and Whitney said...

Hey I figured out this whole blog thing!
Happy Birhday a few days ago I glad you had a good day! Those sound like pretty good acomplishments to me! Thats awesome!

Melissa and Jeff said...

Happy Birthday Chels! 23 is not old, Just wait until you hit 25, OR EVEN 26! Glad you don't have cancer, let me know what you find out. Hope you feel better soon.