Thursday, November 19, 2009

So...I married a BYU fan!

There is a bit of a rivalry going on between Zach and me. I knew it would be an issue once a year but I did not think it would be this hard. You see, I am a U fan as most of you know. Zach is a BYU fan, I mean a huge BYU fan. I have tried to be supportive of his fetish, as I have given up quality time so he can check stats, and I even listen to all the BYU updates when in the car while we are driving.
You see I thought it would only be an issue once a year, however, in the 6 months we have been married this issue of BYU vs UTAH has been the main cause of most of our fights (I know pathetic huh). I have tried to be supportive and I have tried to get a little excited so he feels like I care about his interests, I have even appeased and dealt with his BYU loving family. I even went to the great length and have gotten him a BYU sweatshirt for Christmas (shh…don’t tell him).
I just can’t do it anymore. I think I will have to teach him a lesson next week when our two beloved teams come together again to battle it out.
Dear Zach,
I love you so much, you are such a great husband. However, I can’t stand your love for BYU. Although it will be hard, I will love every minute that I watch you squirm as my Ute’s whip those Cougar butts! I have tried to act adult about the situation, however, I intend on using this win for future fights and bragging rights. I hope you understand!
Love,
Your sweet wife!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I will never understand for the life of me why Zach likes the Y. It is kind of pathetic. Especially since he goes to the U. C'mon Zach, I traded sides when I was 18 and it was the best decision I ever made.

I could only handle so many disappointments before I traded sides. Zach, stop living in '84. Join the team that has played in two BCS games in the past decade.

Also, FYI, the current record b/t the two teams is 53-33 for Utah. It's okay Zach, your team just has 20 games to go to be tied. Utah has put out President Hinckley and President Monson. Most of the quorum of the twelve are Utes. Utah is the school of the prophets.

I'm w/ you Chels, I prefer to keep away from the over-rated self-righteous team down south.

Bryce and Breanna said...

Ute Fan,
A Ute fan walks into the doctor and takes off his hat and has a frog on his head. The doctor says, "what can I do for you?" The frog replies, "I'd like to have this giant wart removed from my butt."

Love,
Die hard BYU fan.

Shellie said...

26-23!!! GO COUGARS!!! :)