Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Traditions

I can't wait for Easter...my mother instilled in me the importance of family traditions. I am in a panic though because I have searched and searched and to no avail I have not been able to find Taylee "her" Easter basket. I did pick up a cheap one up from target, but I want a nice basket that is sturdy and cute that can last her forever. My mom still gives me (and now Zach) my Easter basket that I have had since I was a baby, I love my purple basket. That is the only thing that is missing though. I have gotten Taylee all the things that we got for Easter every year which includes, an Easter swimsuit, and Easter dress, 2 outfits as well as sandals to match, a toy, books, and some baby food and snacks for her treats. My mom was upset that I wasn't going to get her peeps and the box animal crackers that are a staple for Easter in the Evans house. Don't worry my mom bought extra so I could give her some as well as getting some from her Gram. I am done, another tradition fulfilled (except for the perfect basket, oh well I will try again next year). Taylee can't wait for Sunday to experience the Evans Easter egg hunt and the spring tree. My mom has a special tree that every year during spring the tree grows candy bars...yes...candy bars! The kids think it is the greatest thing ever, and so do I ;)! Yay, for traditions, I honestly had the best holidays ever growing up and hope I can give Taylee the same joy. My mom is so creative and thoughtful it made every holiday so fun! She also does this for her Grand kids, I think she goes overboard for being a Grandma. Oh well at least my kids will get to enjoy it. However, I sure hope she doesn't show me up on holidays by giving her more than I do! Thanks mom, we sure love you for all you do!
Here are a few pictures from the past month...One of the few family pictures we have...



Buggie after the bath, this little girl LOVES her baths!



Taylee and Daddy, I am so lucky that these two are all mine!

0 comments: